Living With Eternity in View?

Do we who claim the name of Christ live with eternity in view, or does what the world have to offer with all of its cheap baubles keep us attracted like a moth to the fire? If it is the latter, when will we realize that something is going to burn? It is ONLY what is done for Christ that will last.

6 thoughts on “Living With Eternity in View?


    “I feel it a duty to bear my solemn testimony against the spirit of the day we live in, to warn men against its infection. It is not Atheism I fear so much, in the present times, as Pantheism. It is not the system which says nothing is true, so much as the system which says everything is true. It is not the system which says there is no Savior, so much as the system which says there are many saviors, and many ways to peace! It is the system which is so liberal, that it dares not say anything is false. It is the system which is so charitable, that it will allow everything to be true. It is the system which seems ready to honor others as well as our Lord Jesus Christ, to class them all together, and to think well of all.

    It is the system which is so careful about the feelings of others, that we are never to say they are wrong. It is the system which is so liberal that it calls a man a bigot, if he dares to say, “I know my views are right.” This is the system, this is the tone of feeling which I fear in this day, and this is the system which I desire emphatically to testify against and denounce. From the liberality which says everybody is right, from the charity which forbids us to say anybody is wrong, from the peace which is bought at the expense of truth – may the good Lord deliver us!”

    ~ J.C. Ryle


  2. Thank you DP for sharing this excellent sermon. Also, thank you Berean Gal for the great quote. I have several hundred church-attending friends, who call themselves Christians, that I have known for years. They attend church service and Sunday school every Sunday, and wouldn’t miss their midweek small group gathering. And they live “moral” lives. Most of them regularly post on Facebook, which is quite telling in so far as where their interests lie. Only about 3% reveal a regular interest in the Lord, the things of His word, or living as a New Testament Christian . Of the rest, about 20% don’t share much if at all. The remaining 80% rarely to never mention anything of the Bible, but reveal they are occupied with their various hobbies: cars, motorcycles, guitars and keyboards, musicians (“christian” and secular), TV shows and stars, movies, video games, gourmet cooking, running marathons and other sports, photography, novels, etc.

    There simply isn’t time to waste on worldly pursuits. People urgently need prayer. They urgently need God’s truth, both at home and abroad, especially in these last days of great deception before His return. Only the Christian can give that to them. How are we to do that unless we are committed to study, prayer, and seeking the Lord’s direction as to how He would use us in His service? And one day, sooner than any of us think, time will be up. And in our last hour will we be able to say with a clear conscience “I was faithful to the end”? Or will we with deepest regret say “I wasted the time the Lord gave me in worthless pursuits”?


  3. Thanks brethren for all your posts on the above topic. But I need someone to help me find direction in certain area of life pursuit. I love to help my nation come out of darkness through preparation of coming generation leaders. Can I really say I’m working in line with God’s will or should I abandon this vision and focus on soul winning?


Tell us what you think:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s