Having been in the ministry of pointing out false teachers and their false teachings for close to a year now (most of it is on my old blog which I am hoping to port over soon), I have come across some pretty standard responses in the comments of those who say I, and others like myself, have no business doing so.
So I thought, why not do up a Top 10 list of the most common responses to our posts on these false teachers and their teachings? My wife thought it was a good idea, and I’ve also mentioned this to Carol and a new friend I made, John, just this morning over Skype. I hope we can get together to compile our responses to these accusations soon.
Anyhow, since our response to their allegations will be some time coming, here’s my Top 10 list in the meantime. The list is by no means exhaustive, so please feel free to add yours from your experience in dealing with such comments.
10. Touch not God’s anointed! Pastor so-and-so is very much anointed by God!
09. And how many souls did you yourself save this week? Pastor so-and-so had 2,000 conversions just last weekend. Have you ever been able to reach that many yourself?!
08. Quit criticizing preachers and pastors. Get a life with God, man!
07. You’re nothing but a Pharisee/Sadducee.
06. Who are you to judge?! Judge not lest you be judged!
05. Are you a pastor yourself? Any theological training? If not, how dare you think you are interpreting the Bible correctly?
04. Hey! Don’t quench the Spirit!
03. No church or pastor or congregation is perfect, so why nitpick?
02. God wants to bless us financially, with good health and a great life. If you yourself aren’t claiming these promises, don’t be jealous of others!
And the number one response…
Can’t we all just agree to disagree and get along?
Cross-posted from WordnVerse.