Dr. James White has some pretty honest reasons why, if you are shopping for a local Christian fellowship, you may want to dismiss a Reformed Baptist Church. You tell ‘em Doc.
- You don’t get to leave after every sermon feeling good about yourself. You may even desire repentance.
- You don’t get to hear the sermons in the same way you may be used to. It’s frequently verse by verse, maybe not even relevant to your current situation.
- You don’t get to be entertained. We don’t want to entertain you.
- You don’t get to go to church every weeknight for programs. We don’t have ‘em.
- You don’t get to be ‘lost in the crowd’. We tend to have accountability to one another.
- You don’t get to hear social commentary. Sermons are mostly biblical and serious.
- We’re not considered ‘seeker-friendly’. We don’t believe in seekers. Apart from regeneration, they don’t exist.
- You’re asked to apply the sermons to your life.
- You’re asked to attend services regularly, to support your elders in prayer and give sacrificially to the advance of the Gospel.
- You will experience conviction of sin with regularity.
Listen to the whole message here.