Another CCM star comes crashing to earth.

As we’ve reported on numerous occasions in the past, the rot that is underlying in the Contemporary Christian Music industry seems to keep oozing to the surface as time marches on. We’ve seen numerous examples of this and it appears that there’s no end in sight for the skeletons falling out of the closet of this “Christian” music industry.

The latest news to reverberate through today’s “positive and encouraging” Christian music world is that there is yet another Christian musician who has chosen their sin over their Savior. According to this news article, CCM recording artist Jennifer Knapp has now “come out of the closet” as a “gay Christian.”

Jennifer Knapp doesn’t consider herself to be a crusader for the gay community and she still considers herself to be a Christian, a gay Christian [Emphasis theirs]. Her new album will be a little more mainstream and she hopes her fans, Christian and non-Christian alike, will give it and her a chance.

I encourage everyone not to ridicule Ms. Knapp like some will do, or coddle and affirm her in her sin like many will do, but sincerely pray for her to be convicted of her sin and turn to the only One who can truly make her a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). We are all great sinners in need of a greater Savior and the fact is, if we claim to have fellowship with the Savior but walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth (1 John 1:6).

And in spite of this and many similar stories of CCM artists who have embraced their sins in contradiction to holy writ, the drumbeat continues as thousands of professing Christians will continue to thrive on intoxicating doses of Contemporary Christian Music, thrust themselves deeper into idolatrous frenzies at CCM concerts, and continue to garner most of their theology from music lyrics.

I ask, how many more Christian musical artists, icon, idols have to come forth announcing their decision to embrace and practice their love of sin before evangelicals begin taking a serious look at what they entertain themselves with?

I read a great quote from a commenter a few years ago on another blog that is so apropos:

“When I got saved I threw away all my secular music. When I really got saved I threw away all my Christian music.”

20 thoughts on “Another CCM star comes crashing to earth.

1. Stella Marie says:

VERY GOOD! Many people are afraid to touch the “idol” of music. Music is a powerful medium, some would even say “spiritual” and should be tested of the Holy Spirit, like everything in a Christians life. I found the quote interesting, it could be my husbands testimony as well. The whole CCM “industry” is based on the world…. hhhmmmmm

2. doreen says:

To be honest, what is there left to say? It has got to the stage where nothing surprises anymore.

God, help us.

3. Stella Marie says:

Ministry Addict…..that is true with any of us who are saved….. : } I only meant my husband made a profession of faith when he was in High School. At that time he “reformed”. He was a pot-head, literally. Quit smoking, changed his satanic room decor, started going to church, Started listening to “christian music” . In his words, “I bacame seven times more the child of Hell than I had been, I had cleaned up the outside of the cup, but the inside was still dirty and then I added a religious spirit (self-righteousness) to it. After he was TRULY saved he quit listening to the musicians which later became CCM. The “christian” music fed the same monster the rock music had fed previously, he felt there was no difference in the “spirit” of the music.

4. Stella Marie:

I wasn’t trying to reference you. I was trying to reference the Pilgrim’s borrowed quote: “When I got saved I threw away all my secular music. When I really got saved I threw away all my Christian music,” and I wasn’t being critical of it – I was just giving glory to God for what He did for me.

Pilgrim:

Thank you for sharing this info. The body of Christ needs to know such things. Not for “judgmental” sake, as none of us are righteous in His sight. But as the Lord commands us, we must have nothing to do with someone who claims to be a Christian if they are living in sin (1Cor.5:11). It is heartbreaking, and Jennifer Knapp truly needs our prayers.

6. I agree david

we need to pray for Jenny Knapp

there is so much corruption in the churches and in the CCM movement,

that stuff like Knapp’s sinful lifestyle are now tolerated by many in the church

the whole CCM music movement is largely a joke, just like CT magazine is a joke nowadays

I dont listen to most CCM music

old hymns and Messianic Jewish Music is about the only christian music I listen to

listen to some secular music stuff also cause there is more substance and feeling to it than most CCM music

7. David T says:

Coram ~

I was thinking the same thing when I read many of the comments on the web link to Examiner.com that Pilgrim used. Saw a lot of “Who are you to judge? Only God can judge” or “Why are we being so unloving about someone who has found love and happiness?” and so much more.

~ David

8. revivalandreformation says:

Can anyone tell me where in God’s Word, we are told to pray for one who was supposed to be saved but has backslidden such as this particular artist? Was she saved to begin with? What was her fruit? For someone to embrace homosexuality such as Ray Boltz, and say that they have made their peace with God, tells me that they are not nor never were saved to begin with. The Bible does tell us to confront this one and if he/she doesn’t repent they are to be shunned and turned over to Satan.

9. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:34

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. II Corinthians 5:20

Maybe I’m a alone on this, but I believe the Bible teaches us to pray for the saved, lost, backslidden, everyone. If Christ prayed for His enemies, I want to be like Christ and pray for His enemies and mine.

10. I agree with you. We are commanded to pray for our enemies and do good to those who do evil to us. But I see nowhere where we are to pray for the lost or those who have turned their backs on Christ. We are told to go to them, reconcile them with gentleness, but if they are unrepentant, then we are told to separate ourselves from them. This clear, and the reason as I see in Scripture is to keep the cancer of sin in check. Otherwise, if it good for her or him, then it must be okay, right…

11. revivalandreformation says:

By the way the last comment from MedicalMisdiagnosisReasearch was done on my wife’s computer under her name and blog. If you want to tar and feather someone, it was me who just wrote.

The Lord shows us His heart in His word.

“What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” (Luke 15:4-7).

So also, we need to have God’s heart, and pray for Ms Knapp’s repentance.

The Lord does, however, have a time limit for repentance:

“I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality. Behold, I will throw her on a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds.” (Rev. 2:21-22)

When adequate time for repentance has not produced the fruit of repentance, then:

“But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler– not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. remove the wicked man from among yourselves.” (1Cor. 5:11-13)

13. The doctrine of regeneration is unheard of in this generation. I praise God He has done a supernatural work in me…saving me and pulling me out of the sewer of homosexuality. This sin is devastating to self and to society. I do get angry when people refer to homosexuals as ‘gay’. There is NOTHING gay or happy about this sin, it is a life of bondage, and more often than not leads to alcohol abuse, drug abuse, violence, jealous rages, etc. I correct any and all who insist on calling homosexuals ‘gay’. Truly, they are lost sinners, and their sin of choice is an abomination to a Holy God. May God be merciful to this lost homosexual, may He crush her under the weight of her sins and bring her to Godly sorrow, which leads to repentance.

“You will know them by their fruit”

14. Thank you Lyn for reminding us about regeneration. Outward actions without inward change is worthless and inward change without corresponding actions impossible.Whitfield when asked why he constantly said to people “You must be born again” replied”,Because…You MUST be born again”

15. Glenn,
    I’ve heard Paul Washer preach on the fruit of Christians; I believe he credits John MacArthur with this saying, ‘Your profession in Jesus Christ is worth NOTHING!’
    How true is that?!? Everybody in America is running around saying ‘I’m a Christian’, but yet, they live like devils. God be merciful.

16. revivalandreformation says:

I love the analogy that Christ uses when He mentions the world. They are wheat ready to be harvested. What does one do with wheat when he harvests it? He uses a scythe and severs it from its roots which are firmly planted in the world! Beautiful. This is what’s supposed to happen when we are “born again”. We are different now and we should be leading different lives. Separation from the world, its lusts and desires has to be part of it. We can’t be friends with the world any longer for in doing so we remain enemies with God.

17. Hal says:

I agree that we should pray for sinners of all categories, but believe there is something more evil about people who betray others who trust them to live according to their word. Hopefully, some will turn from their sins and we can cheer their decision.

It seems that most who betray have as much or more knowledge of what they are doing wrong than most Christians.

“And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?” Acts 13:10

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Rev. 21:8

18. To suggest that Christians should not pray for the lost or those who “have turned their backs on Christ” is completely unbiblical. Separating from someone does not mean refusing to pray for them. “Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.” Romans 10:1

Does anyone really believe that the Jews of the 1st Century, who had heard and read the Old Testament, the prophets, the priests, the Psalms, and the Law, had not heard the truth and turned away from it?