The Coalescing of the Christian Right with Apostolic Dominionism

[Posting an article on Dominionism from Herescope.com.  This being something that has been on my heart recently as I watch with rapt attention what is going on in the world.  No doubt evil is growing not only in America (and has been for years long before Obama) but also across the land as evil men and seducers wax worse and worse as they strive to unite the world in a one-world union.

Here, not only in America, but across the globe, serfs or the common man are viewed by the PTB (powers that be) as nothing more than cattle who need to be under the constant eye (look at the back of your dollar) of the state as she watches their every move and listens to their every word.  Based of course on the pretense that we need to give up liberty in order to be protected from those nasty terrorists; terrorists who in fact may be you!  Cameras recording conversations and actions are ubiquitous, e-mails and phone calls are often tracked and archived for years, full-body scans are now being implemented; in short, personal freedom and privacy are vanishing and are quickly being replaced with an Orwellian police state.

What is more, the economies of most industrialized nations are in shambles.  Largely due to the concerted efforts of politicians to redistribute wealth to third world nations.  Hence, jobs and industries that existed in many of these countries have disappeared from their given shores and are now off-shored in nations such as India, Mexico, China and elsewhere.  Thus, in America at least, we have an unemployment rate that is well into the double-digits (see Shadow Stats for real numbers and not the govt/media lies) where many people wonder how they will make in through the next week and where they will find a job that pays more than $8.00 an hour.

All of this and more is causing many Americans to rise up and express their anger at the current administration across all areas of government (Congress, Presidential, State Governers, etc.).  Their anger and passions being directed and even fueled by “conservative” talk show hosts/personalities like Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Ted Nugent and others.  Also, there is the “grass roots” Tea Party movement that is gaining much traction as it attracts many folks from across the nation; some of them Christians, but many not.  Thus, you will have the ecumenical mixing of light and darkness as Christians inevitably will be called upon to compromise in many, many areas the more involved they become.  How about praying with Mormon Glenn Beck, or listening to Ted Nugent’s wicked rock at a Tea Party rally, or suffering Michael Savage to blaspheme God?

And, I won’t even touch the host of “conservatives” in these movements where many (I don’t speak to all Rebublicans any more than all Democrats) are nothing of the sort but rather are sly politicians using the state of affairs as an opportunity to advance the same globalist goals of the Democrats.  This being so much easier for a Rebublican since most evangelicals give anyone with a “R” after their name a free pass (think George Bush).  My encouragement here is for the reader to not for a moment think the good guys/gals are the Republicans and the bad the Democrats for nothing, and I mean, nothing could be further from the truth.

In ruminating on these things and more I wonder what is the Christian response?  Of course I know that we as Christians are to do good and be lights in our world which certainly does not preclude civic involvement, yet I cannot escape the words of the Lord where he says that his kingdom is not of this world.  And if his kingdom is not of this world, then it follows by course that the kingdom of his followers is also not of this world.  Yet for many Christians the truth be told, their kingdom is of this world and for many that kingdom is America.  A nation that many wrongly ascribe to be Christian and God’s New Testament apple of his eye even as Israel was for the Old.

Personally, I fear for the days ahead where violence may well come to our land with Christians facing a crossroad as to whether to pick up the sword, or turn the other check.  This does not mean I am advocating that Christians do not protect their families if a criminal breaks in.  No, I am talking instead about the Christian purposely employing the physical sword to battle the government.  Much as was done in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War where if you study history you will find that many professed Christians took place in the shedding of blood.  Blood which by fact would have involved that of their fellow Christian brothers who found themselves on the other side of the battle field!  Something which per my reading of the Scriptures I cannot in any way justify or support.

Well – enough of my words, following is the intro to the Herescope article with a link to the full paper.

bro Michael

***************************************************************************************************************************

It is not about FREEDOM, it is about DOMINION

The NEW BREED of Christian is poised to take over the earth, precinct by precinct. God’s Army is rising up. It is time to put on the militant garb. The glint in the eye becomes fixed as the exhilaration of the hour sweeps through the masses. They can make a difference! The world has been waiting with bated breath for this LAST DAY GENERATION. False prophets in their midst are caught in sin, under discipline, yet their tapes sell to believers of their false prophecies. The call for unity is the common cause bringing them from every denomination. They are calling their unity “revival.” After all, when they have set up the Kingdom here on the earth – they will have fulfilled the mandate given to Adam to subdue the earth. A new sound is heard in the land. The music gets louder and the beat gets stronger (even bringing in rock, metal, and funk) but oddly enough the lyrics are always the same! – The choruses proclaiming the triumphant song of the conquerors! [“The Kingdomizers Have Arrived!” Discernment Newsletter, May/June 1992]

Note to Herescope readers: What follows may be the most important article ever published by Discernment Ministries in its 21 year history. The first edition of the Discernment Newsletter, published in May 1990 began chronicling the activities of a group of men calling themselves “prophets” and “apostles,” claiming to have extra-biblical revelation and calling to build an elite army to take over the Earth.

More…

12 thoughts on “The Coalescing of the Christian Right with Apostolic Dominionism

1. revivalandreformation says:

My wife and I are currently in a “fight” with the government for the right to be called the parents of our three children. We were accused of abuse when in fact it was a medical misdiagnosis which led to medical negligence. We are in a bit of a stickler here. This article has just reiterated my concern with fighting the authorities that God has put into place. Where do we draw the line? Do we fight the gov’t for our children or submit ourselves to their decisions? Most warm-blooded Americans and Canadians will say FIGHT! Fine, that’s what we naturally want to do, but is it Biblical? Are we in God’s will by going to court, having media involvement, and having protests, or do we submit? Thank you for this article, it is very informative. We have a lot of corruption here in Canada with Child protection services and the gov’t, and it’s not getting better. I hear people say all the time that my wife and I should run for gov’t and make changes in the laws etc. I say that it doesn’t matter what we do, if man’s hearts aren’t changed then nothing changes. Thank you for this article.
    You can google our names and you will understand what’s been going on with us for the last two and a half years.

Paul and Zabeth Bayne

2. Habakkuk says:

I think of the Spurgeon quote regarding politicians where he says something to the effect; vote one in vote another out, it’s just a different worm to eat the cheese. Both right and left have both continued to drift leftward. I have no confidence in the White House, Congress, Senate or Courts or local governments. I realize government is ordained by God and in short, we get what we deserve in leadership (Proverbs 28:2).

How did we get here? Might I suggest, as other have, that we stopped preaching the Gospel? We’ve had programs, outlines, TV, Radio and a truckload of other distractions and entertainment. We bowed to the education system that sought to make things easier with the “new math” and “spelling w/o phonics” (why to this day I am dependent on the red squiggly line from MS Word). The church did everything except (for the most part) to preach the gospel. We dumbed things down, dulled the sharp edges and were not salt and light to stem the corruption and darkness.

We need to be preaching a clear, unaltered Gospel – - – while we are still permitted to speak.

3. Thank you for posting this brother Michael.

I HIGHLY recommend this article to DefCon’s readership.

Discerning believers should familiarize themselves with this spurious movement and its pernicious tactics.

Truly this has the potential to become a very great deception, especially in the United States, just as The Alpha Course has deceived many in England.

Kingdom Now (a.k.a. Dominion) theology is nothing new, but like any heresy (and cancer) it continues to grow and metastasize within its host.

Ironically Kingdom Now/Dominionism goals are in perfect unison with those of the wholly apostate, false religion of Romanism. In all likelihood the multiple counter-Reformations contained within the emergent/ing church, the Kingdom Now/Dominion camps, and the hyper-ecumenism displayed by the apostate leadership of the broader professing evangelical church will lead many home to Rome, finally bringing about the universal rule of “the church” in the civic sphere of men (earthly government) just as Rome in her fevered high-noon fantasies believes she rules even now in the spiritual sphere of men (the “One True Church”).

In Christ,
    CD

4. jonathan says:

I had a premonition about the year of 06, that God was going to judge this country. Not because of the government choosing to teach darwinism in our schools, not because of the nastiness that is so prevalent on bill boards and TV, not because our government is over taxing the people, not because of abortions but because of people like this and TNN, Morning Star and others who wont submit to the righteousness of God, who go about making their own who change the grace of our Lord into lasciviousness. read on in Jude

1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings.
    1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Get that, way of truth shall be evil spoken of. and because of this I think a great persecution will come. Then we’ll see who stays and who goes when the word is fulfilled in;Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

5. jonathan says:

I had a premonition about the year of 06, that God was going to judge this country. Not because of the government choosing to teach darwinism in our schools, not because of the nastiness that is so prevalent on bill boards and TV, not because our government is over taxing the people, not because of abortions, their day is coming! But because of people like this and TNN, Morning Star and others who wont submit to the righteousness of God, who go about making their own who change the grace of our Lord into lasciviousness. read on this in Jude

__________________________________________________________

revivalandreformation, you take it to’em, those in our government have to stand for their mistakes and are not above the law…yet. Yes I would say do what you have to do to get restitution for your family. But do it in meekness and proclaiming truth as you go.

6. jonathan says:

7. Jay says:

Thank you for reporting/reposting this! It is certainly vital, especially in the coming days as the right-wing backlash to the current administration builds. The right wing knows it needs the so-called “religious” vote and you can bet the ecumenical megachurch leaders will be happy to oblige.

There is also an interesting tie-in to be aware of with Zionism, in that there is a segment of Dominionism that pushes for Christians to physically defend Israel (as though God can’t take care of them without “us”) and who see the defense of Israel and battle against Muslims as part of their crusade to create the kingdom for Jesus (again, as though God didn’t make it clear in the Bible that Jesus doesn’t need our help and that He is the one who will return to set up his kingdom in a time of immense ungodliness).

So don’t be surprised when some of your/my favorite pro-Israel blogs and websites get sucked into that movement (even accidentally) in some form or fashion as they erroneously support blindly anything and everything Zionist in theme without first discerning the intent behind it.

I’ve already noticed some videos cropping up on YouTube with a bent toward convincing Christians that they need to “stand” with Israel as political activists and physically against Muslims, two things that are contrary to the Biblical teachings of Jesus as to what his disciples are to do/be (his kingdom is not of this world and we are not called to be a political activist or to raise weapons and fight other people under the banner of Christianity. We are called to preach the gospel and warn of the coming judgment that will be God’s supernatural work).

8. brother Michael says:

revivalandreformation – Sorry to hear about your trial with the govt in Canada. Tragic where most assuredly I’d say fight on for your children. I would not even think twice about it. I pray they are returned to you and your wife soon.

CD – you are quite welcome.

Hi Jay – You are quite welcome. I’m with you regarding Israel. I will go further to state that I believe the worshiping of the anti-Christ state of Israel by the church is one of the scourges of modern Christianity. In short, I believe the church has been played the fool by the Talmudic “Jews” as they fleece the church of billions of dollars even as they blaspheme God, kill and subjugate the Palestinians and persecute Christians. Much of it financed by the good ol “love your enemies” Christian church! Lord willing, I hope to write on this in the future.

9. Jay says:

Michael – Interesting perspective. Yeah, I wouldn’t go quite that far. :)
    While I believe God sovereignly ordained their regathering and the rebirth of the nation of Israel from a time of great anguish for the Jews, and that it is all prophetically significant and will lead to a future spiritual regeneration of them as Ezekiel prophesied, I do find the more recent political push (within Christendom) for supporting them to be a bit much, especially when it starts promting “Christians” (most being people who go to church and would consider themselves Christians but never read their Bibles) to foment a melding of political and religious ideologies into an “army” to “combat” Islam. These are completely contradictory motives and actions to what Jesus instructed his disciples as regards their behavior, conduct toward fellow man, and primary duties. It is a return to the error of the medieval age and the crusades. It is especially irksome when they are willing (or even demand) to silence the gospel proclamation for fear of “offending” our “friends”, putting secular goals higher than the gospel. And of course it gives true Christianity a bad name and adds another argument for unbelievers to highlight, that we then have to spend time correcting, explaining why it is error before they’ll let us talk to them about the truth.

10. It ain’t news that proclaiming Christians with their eyes on the world continue to draw people, just as “prosperity gospel” pimps draw people – all of whom claim to be Christians.

At the same time, as indicated, there’s nothing wrong with Christians getting involved in politics. For my part, I want nothing to do with folks who think America is God’s country or that they can make it so. But I do want my legislators to honor their oaths of office, same as I want my elders to honor their office and be faithful to preach the Bible, rather than tell me stories.

Most Americans are worldlings who want stuff and don’t care about right or wrong. I want the federal government to be starved back to its constitutional limits. I don’t attach theology to this, aside from the fact that honest government is Good and has a role to play.

11. Matt says:

I appreciate your blog and enjoy checking it occasionally. I am still learning about dominion theology and the implications thereof so I don’t fully grasp all that is implied by this group gaining traction.

As I read the post I guess I had a bit of a mixed reaction. Until recently, I’ve attended mostly charismatic congregations. For the past two years I’ve been studying reformed theology and biblical doctrine. I currently take the stance of open but cautious on spiritual gifts.

I would agree that there are many false prophets, teachers, apostles, etc., thus I’m open but cautious. If I hear someone speaking who claims to have a word or prophecy; I don’t take it as true but instead carefully examine the word to verify if what is being said lines up. Some of the names listed I take issue with, while others I think are more trustworthy.

My confusion has more to do with the whole emphasis on encouraging believers to retake the 7 Mountains of culture. I’ve read of this in a few books and my understanding was that the emphasis had more to do with getting Christians to see that we mustn’t attempt to be neutral ideologically in the different areas of culture. We must learn to apply a biblical worldview in every area of life. Be salt and light as it were instead of hiding it under a bushel. I’m not saying your wrong about a group of teachers who take a more radical view and think that God can’t set up his kingdom unless we take it for him on earth 1st; I’m just saying that I haven’t read or heard that taught yet by most of the folks I’m listening to or studying that are concerned about engaging or winning back the points of influence in culture. I agree with your point on praying with Beck or any other individual who belongs to a false religion. I disagree with ecumenical prayer meetings. I’m concerned that while there might there be some false teachers or radicals involved. Is it possible that this would otherwise be a positive movement? Won’t there always be tares in with the wheat? It seems there’s always a small group misrepresenting the larger group that gives the larger group a bad name. Could this be happening?

If we are charged with being good stewards, being salt and light, proclaiming the gospel then what’s wrong with getting involved in the political process. I don’t look to politics for our salvation I look to Christ alone. Must faith in Christ necessitate abandoning politics? Must we choose involvement with only one or the other? Could this be throwing out the baby with the bathwater? How are we not? I would liken it to the Israelites invading the promise land; the victory came from the Lord; yet the men were still called to organize, train, plan, march, and fight. If we are to eat, drink, and in all that we do, do it to the Glory of God then why wouldn’t taking the arenas that play prominent roles in shaping our laws, media, education, and other culturally influential areas be a noble pursuit? Thank you for the work you do.

12. David Wilmot says:

In response to Paul and Zebeth losing their children.

Folks, who has bewitched you!

God has entrusted those children to your care. You are their parents. The government has ZERO-ABSOLUTELY NO MORAL/BIBLICAL BASIS-to steal your children.

You better get to court AS FAR AS IT LIES IN YOUR POWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

The conceren about not going to court in the scriptures is about Christians against Christians in the public square rather than working out their differences in the church. This isn’t an inner-family of God conflict between believers that can be worked out in the church. This is christian church vs. antichristian state. Christ vs. Antichrist. Don’t bow to Caesar here-those kids are God’s and yours to care for in his stead. They aren’t Caesar’s.

Motivated by love for your children, your God and truth as well as abhorrence for this evil and the evildoers, do whatever it takes in your power and prayerfully trusting in your Lord to get those children back.

If you are in a church that wouldn’t give you this advice-get out and find one that would! I am appalled that you have been led astray to even consider submitting to this evil.

No, you can’t resort to violence. However, do everything in your power aside from that to get those children back.

Be strong-be courageous-hate and resist evil!

Consider that the obedient faith of Moses’ parents saved his life. They were UNSUBMISSIVE to government and saved his life. DO THE SAME!

23By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king’s commandment. 24By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; 25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. 27By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. (Hebrews 11:23-27)