The new breed of blasphemous preachers.

At first I thought this was a joke by some worldly guys who were mocking Christianity . . . then I realized it was no joke.

The two itinerant ministers in these videos, Benjamin Dunn and John Crowder (a “prophetic healing revivalist”), show you by their behavior just how far Western Christianity has fallen. Their actions also prove to you that nothing is sacred anymore.

Their completely irreverent, disrespectful, and even blasphemous behavior makes the juvenile antics in the video in this previous post pale in comparison. The behavior of Mr. Dunn and Mr. Crowder in the following videos is extremely disturbing when you realize they are claiming to be Christians.

See also: A Disciple of the new breed of blasphemous preachers.

18 thoughts on “The new breed of blasphemous preachers.

1. j womble says:

i don’t know what to say- what in the world is going on?? this makes bentley look like spurgeon. (ok maybe not, but still)

I r eally didn’t think it could get much worse but yet it continues to.

thanks for the work you guys do on this site- it is much needed and much appreciated.

2. PapaPatriot says:

The first time I saw these videos I thought they were a sad joke on the Christian faith by unbelievers. The Truth is the Gospel is not preached.
    This is what happens when the Bible is not taught.
    How sad, how sick.

3. Mobaby says:

Seeing these videos makes me long for structure in the Church. Truth in the Church. An outward form that reflects and inward truth. I feel drawn to formality in Church – what is supposed to happen when we worship the living God? It is not this blasphemy. This ridiculous behavior reflects a complete misunderstanding of what is to happen and what the purpose of worship is. We are to glorify God. We are to worship Him. We are to confess our sin – and draw into the presence of the living God. These videos reflect a casting about for meaning, no understanding of what should happen in Church. This is truly sick – and reflects the reality that these “Church leaders” have ABSOLUTELY NO FOUNDATION. Their “religious” practice appears to be based upon absolutely nothing more that what they want to do at that moment – pure flesh, pure emotionalism, pure stupidity.

4. Ptr. Bryan says:

I did watch the video initially and could not believe what was going on. I do agree with exposing them yet creeping makes a very good point. Why Promote them by placing links to their blasphemous antics. This emboldens them to continue what they are doing.

Ptr. Bryan

5. My intention for linking to their websites was not to promote them, but to provide easy verification for readers of DefCon as many (including myself) initially had difficulty believing that this was not a joke.

But in spite of all that, I see the point of your comments, and thus, I have removed the links to these wolves’ websites.

- The Pilgrim

6. Rebekah says:

I know what they’re trying to say, I get that. But, I think they take it a little too far with their “baby Jesus” things, other than that, I can see their point. Though I undestand it, I’m not going to let my son see it (even if he was 16 instead of 3).
    Thanks for the post Pilgrim!
    - Rebekah

7. LumpyMeatLoaf says:

Greetings Pilgrim,

I am stunned at these videos. Are these two guys for real? Please tell me this isn’t so! If so, apostasy runs ramped, and truly is ‘alive n kicking.’ I would make a funny comment or two but I feel that their blaspheming is less that slide splitting. If these two perfidious clowns are for real, they probably actually believe that they are smoking and token in the spirit with ganja; perhaps they also see leprechauns, flying lawnmowers and Godzilla? I agree that this needs and has to be seen; regardless of the distastefulness and heretical contend in which these clowns are only a drop in the bucket. These video clips amplify the old adage, ‘a picture is greater than 1000 words’.

Jesus is Lord

8. Shechem Girls says:

We could not watch the videos past the first two seconds!!! Even Balaam’s jackass has better sense!! We are very glad you put this out here. We recently witnessed some people under this influence and had been looking for the source of their ridiculous behavior when we found your site! In Jesus’s name, let the eyes of their victims be opened and the spirits attached to this evil movement be bound and gagged forever!! AMEN!!!!

9. Ps W says:

This is just so saddening to see. Even some I used to be involved myself in earlier days. Truthfully, I believe 1. it is antichrist but mostly 2. people who do not want to let go of their drug/party nature(flesh) and also a party spirit.

God will send a stupor on some and send a strong delusion that they believe the lie….

repentance and returning to first love and works is needed.

10. Brandy says:

ok, so I already know about John Crowder and I am sad to say that he actually lives in my city (Griffin, Ga) And what I just can’t understand is how so many people see nothing wrong with what they are doing. I mean they have alot of followers and it is sad to see. My husband is a youth pastor and the pastor of the church allowed a 19 year old boy to come for a month on Monday nights to teach and prophesy to the youths. My husband didn’t feel right about this young man and soon found out that he was a follower of John Crowder and the last night this boy was with our youth, he had them token on the ghost (as they call it)! We weren’t there then, but I can say that if we were and we saw what was going on, it wouldn’t have looked pretty because we’d have him leave! My husband was so upset this guy was allowed to teach and prophesy to our youth! We told the pastor about him following John Crowder and he won’t be back! Be careful who you let come in and teach your church! But I ‘d also like to remark on what Ben Dunn said when he said that people are searching for pleasure and they just need Jesus cause he is the greatest joy and pleasure to have. Well Jesus my be our joy, but what about Paul in the bible who suffered and was put in prison? If anyone should have had God’s pleasure it would have been him, but no, God says we will suffer for his sake and be prosecuted, not that we will be filled with pleasure and act like we’re high. The disciples were stoned for believing in Jesus. That is stoned with rocks not stoned with Jesujuana as they put it! Paul said to be content in all things, but Ben says we need to seek pleasure and all and that God is glorified the most when we are enjoying God, but I see nothing glorifying God with the crazy way they are acting! God may be glorified when we are enjoying Him, but by us enjoying Him through prayer or reading the bible and hearing Him speak to us, or through praise & worship, and even through sharing God with others, but not by us acting like we’re on drugs and calling it God’s drunken glory! What a dangerous thing they are doing!

Yeah, well…what can we say? For LOTS of kids in high school that I know, this is cool stuff! The focus is FUN. A fun God, a fun experience, a fun life, all because of “Jesus”.

As I was watching the last one, I’m thinking, this is John Piper all the way (his “Christian Hedonism” gospel). Then, sure enough, these two characters refer to Piper.

They think they’re speaking the language the youth can understand. And they are. But it’s a language that goes both ways, like American T.V. (as it shapes and reflects the culture, so the culture shapes and reflects T.V.) In this case, they’re giving them Piperism, but that isn’t the Gospel. And, of course, Piper is giving people what they want most: pleasure. Throw in a little “Jesus” talk, and they’ve “Christianized” it.

Brandy, your assessment is right on.

12. shane says:

Charismania gone wild.

It’s saddening to me how people can attribute something to the Holy Spirit that is completely contradicting to the Holy Spirit. An example is being “drunk in the spirit”. There is no biblical support for it.

I have never read where God condoned being drunk. So why would he make a Christian act like they are drunk??? It boggles my mind.

Acts2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

They love to twist this verse into meaning that the disciples were acting drunk.

13. Nick says:

1 King 8:11 “so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.”

Ephesians 5:18 “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;”

Acts 2:12-13 “Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?” Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.”

Song of Songs 5:1 “Eat, mates, and drink, and be drunk, brothers and sisters!”

Proverbs 9:1-5 “Wisdom has built her house, She has hewn out her seven pillars; She has slaughtered her meat, She has mixed her wine, She has also furnished her table. She has sent out her maidens, She cries out from the highest places of the city, “Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!” As for him who lacks understanding, she says to him, “Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed.” – spirit of wisdom = holy spirit

Song of Songs 2:3-4 “Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my lover among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste. He hath brought me to the house of wine, and his banner over me is love.”

and finally:

John 13:35 “By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Regardless of whether you believe they are theologically correct or not, they still profess to be Christians and they still profess to have Jesus Christ as their savior. This makes them one of us. LOVE THEM GUYS. Have you noticed, they aren’t going around starting forums etc and complaining about what they disagree with you guys? They just don’t care because they don’t see it as important. Arguing and pointing the finger is not something Jesus will be proud about, loving those who persecute you IS.

If you disagree with these dudes, that’s cool. Don’t be abusive about it or argumentative about it, PRAY FOR THEM, and LOVE THEM. God will sort out the semantics.

14. Tomek K. says:

Nick:

“Regardless of whether you believe they are theologically correct or not, they still profess to be Christians and they still profess to have Jesus Christ as their savior. This makes them one of us.”

“Don’t be abusive about it or argumentative about it, PRAY FOR THEM, and LOVE THEM.”

Mat 7:21-23

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

The worth of they profession?
    But maybe they are our brothers?
    So, we love them and pray for them. But also we treat them in biblical manner.
    Is Paul unloving (1Co 5:11-13):

“But now I have written unto you not to keep company, IF ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
    For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.”

And Nick:

“Arguing and pointing the finger is not something Jesus will be proud about, loving those who persecute you IS.”

Are you sure that arguing and pointing is always wrong? (Luk 11:39-52)

“ And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.
    Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also? ……. “

And we will love them and pray for them also if they would persecute us. But we will do it according to the Bible.

15. they still profess to be Christians and they still profess to have Jesus Christ as their savior. This makes them one of us.

And herein lies the problem in so much of the American church today. As long as someone SAYS they are a Christian, and CLAIMS to love God then, by golly, they MUST be saved. No matter what their life looks like, they still PROFESS to be saved. Which is why men like Rob Bell and Brian McClaren and TD Jakes can sell so many books–they CLAIM to be Christian, and since people don’t want to sound mean-spirited and narrow-minded, their poison is being permeated through the church. In the same way as the kind of shenanigans Crowder and Dunn are performing are being accepted by people who want to be saved but they don’t want the truth.